Tuesday, January 21, 2014

2014 goals




Now it is 2014.  I hope to do better with keeping up with this blog.  I hope that this can make me more accountable in how I spend my time.  Goals:


--Unfinished Quilting & Sewing Projects--
1.  Quilt Off-Set Blocks quilt
2.  Frame Welcome Embroidery piece (Done)
3.  Finish tiny wall hangings (Done)
4.  Quilt Storm at Sea quilt
5.  Quilt Double Irish Chain quilt (Done)
6.  Quilt Garden quilt
7.  Quilt Garden quilt wall hanging
8.  Finish Embroidered Baskets wall hanging
9.  Finish Embroidered Baby Sun Bonnet Sue baby quilt (Done)

--New Quilting and Sewing Projects--
1.  Embroidered Flowers Quilt
2.  Island Sunset Paper Pieced Quilt
3.  Camping Appliqué wall hanging
4.  Harvest Moon wall hanging
5.  Baby Broeckelman Quilt x 2 (New project added)  (Done)

 --Household--
1.  Clean and organize storage in basement
2.  Clean and organize bedroom & closet  (Bedroom Done)
3.  Clean and organize laundry room (Done)
4.  Clean and organize mud room
5.  Clean and organize kitchen cabinets  (Done)
6.  Clean and organize sewing room/office
7.  Clean and caulk bathtub  (Note 10-14-14: Shower surround is cracking and the entire thing needs replaced)
8.  Seal bathroom window
9.  Vacuum or wash curtains (Done)
10.  Wash windows inside and outside
11.  Install rain gutter down spouts (Done)

 --Spiritual--
1.  Read scriptures daily (Note: I have not missed a day in 2 years now)
2.  Pray daily
3.  Old Testament Seminary Study
4.  Attend church services and meetings weekly
5.  Attend temple 2 times (if not more)  (Done-attended 3 times)
6.  Journal in a jar topics
7.  Work of family history
8.  Family search indexing


OK.  I know.  This is a long list of goals.  At the pace I go, maybe this should be my 5 year plan instead of 2014 goals.  I am not unrealistic to think that I will get everything done.  I doubt I get half of it done.  I think this is mainly a listing of the things that I'd like to work on.  If I will organize my time better, set up some routines and follow those routines, apply myself more and stay focused; I could get all this accomplished.  Maybe I will set a new 2014 goal--try to work on this list and mark off at least one thing in each category before the end of the year. 


Rose



1 comment: