Sunday, December 14, 2014

Take Away the Blues!

At the first of the year I set a lot of goals especially with quilts to make and finish.  This one is an additional quilt that I had no idea at that time that I would do.

My good friend, Roni, has been diagnosed with breast cancer.  She seems to be so strong.  She will have a mastectomy this week.  My heart hurts so much and I do not know how to express it.  So I do what I know how to do.  I offer help but she has no idea yet what kind of help, if any, she may need.  I turn to what I am best at doing, I make a quilt.  I sat down with the graph paper on the computer and began to design.  I had fun designing the block then the quilt layout.  I thought about using pink an burgundy colors to represent the breast cancer support but I decided that blue would be better.  I used 24 different blue fabrics--thus part of the name.  As a comfort quilt comes the rest of the idea of the name for the quilt.  Roni and I have known each other and been friends for 26 years.  I could not come up with a quilt layout with 26 blocks or I would have done that.  I used black flannel for the quilt back so that it will be soft and warm as well. With every thought and plan in the design, with every stitch made to piece together and quilt the quilt, I have put in all my thoughts and love and hugs and good wishes and prayers for her. 
 
Love you, Roni. I am so grateful to have you as my dear friend.
 
Rose


No comments:

Post a Comment