Thursday, November 11, 2010

Easy Stuffed Mushrooms

I have a sister that tells people that I can't cook.  I do not cook everyday because of cooking for one but I can cook.  Tonight I am making Easy Stuffed Mushrooms.  I tried something like this at a social a few years ago and could not find a recipe that I liked so I made up my own.  These are so easy and can be made with many variations that suit your own taste.  I like the very lean pork sausage in bulk that I get from my sister who raises hogs.  You can use your favorite bulk sausage.  I use cream cheese and when in the mood or when I have the other ingredients I have added mozzarella cheese and/or Parmesan cheese also.  Green onions would be good here as well. Fresh medium sized whole mushrooms seem to work best for me.  I do not like to chop and add the mushroom stems to my stuffing.  I will chop them then freeze to add to other dished later that I'd like mushrooms in.  Just brown the sausage, mix with cheese, add any other things you like, stuff into mushrooms where the stems were removed and bake or broil.  Yum, yum good. 

Rose's Easy Stuffed Mushrooms

1 pound bulk sausage, browned (can use pork, turkey or your favorite sausage)
1 - 8 oz package cream cheese (can be lite or fat free if you wish)
1 pound fresh whole mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed

Mix cream cheese and browned sausage until well blended.  Add any other of your favorite ingredients (such as mozzarella or Parmesan cheese, chopped mushroom stems if you wish) and mix well.  Stuff the cheese/sausage mixture into the mushrooms, place in a baking dish.  Bake at 350 degrees 10-20 minutes or until mushrooms are at preferred tenderness.  You can also place under broiler for a firmer mushroom and browned stuffing top.

No comments:

Post a Comment