Saturday, December 11, 2010

Cell phone pouch

I lose my cell phone in my purse all the time.  There are two inner pockets with no hooks to slide the phone or other things in and also a zippered pocket inside the hobo type purse I am using right now.  The phone falls out of the open pockets and gets lost at the bottom of the bag.  I can't find the phone in the bottom of the bag nor can I get the zipper pocket open before it quits ringing.  Darn, I've missed another call.  I don't get that many calls so I hate to miss one.  It might have been you calling and I'd want to talk to you. 
As I was blog hopping today, I came across Mobile Phone Pouch with Pocket Tutorial at Chezvies
The tutorial is great and I decided to give it a try.  I found it easy to follow but, of course, I wanted to make some changes.  I added a top flap with a velcro closure so not to lose the phone out of it like the purse pocket. 
My phone measured about 3" X 5" so I used her directions.  I wish I had made my seams the full 3/8" instead of using my 1/4" foot.  I made my loop from the same fabric as my pouch using a 4" X 1 1/4" strip folded in quarters to have the raw edges enclosed then stitched along the open edge.  I cut a 4" X 3" flap that I angled to 3" on the overflap end.  I sewed it in as I did the loop.  I plan to hook the phone pouch to a clasp on the ring of the purse strap or can hook it to a lanyard when I am working outside and have no pockets in my clothing. 
I think this will work for me.  Check it out for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment