Friday, March 14, 2014

Laundry Room

One of the house cleaning projects of my list for this year is to clean the laundry room.  It seems that everything that does not have a home gets pitched into the laundry room, mud room, or bedroom closet.  This morning Mom came up to help me get some things to the basement.  We opened the grate in the mud room and handed down all the canned jars, canned goods, empty canning jars, canner, extra toilet paper and other items that do not belong upstairs.  It took about 15 minutes to do this and saved many, many steps up and down the stairs to the basement.  Great thought Mom, it worked wonderful.

Next I took everything out of the laundry room.  I took all the clean clothing hanging in the closet and baskets with clothing that needed folded out to be put away.   I knew that mice had been in there but I was not ready for all the mouse turds under the laundry basket of junk and the rag box.  I took out a lot of things I had in there that were to go to the recycling center and just burned it in the barrel.  I swept, wiped down the walls and ceiling, scrubbed down the appliances, and scrubbed the floor. 

I got a small shelving unit at Agnes & Clarence's sale with something else I bought so I put that in the laundry room under the window to put some of the extra things that I do not have room for in the kitchen cabinets.  I put the ice cream maker, vacuum sealer, bread machine and thermos drink container on it.  There are three laundry baskets in the closet to sort out laundry into and do the laundry when a basket is filled.  I hope this helps to keep up with the laundry and to keep the laundry room more organized.  It really looks nice now.  I wonder how long I can keep it looking like this.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment