Monday, September 1, 2014

Macie & Rose day

Last week Dana's first day teaching at the college was before the kids started school.  Layne went with his Daddy cutting silage and Macie and I had time together.  We have been looking forward to this day all summer.  Macie picked out fabric and ribbon for a dress that we were going to make together when we had a one-on-one day.  It was finally sewing day.  Macie likes the idea of sewing the dress but is not that into doing it.  I was sewing and had her try the dress on to see how it fit.  She had to go into the bedroom and close the curtain to change her clothes.  After trying it on and I was sewing more, she was in the bedroom and being very quiet.  I finally decided to look in on her and she was playing at my makeup table.  This is what she did.

She had opened and used every container, tube and brush.  Foundation, shadows, blushes and lipstick were all over her face and chest.  When I told her that was probably enough makeup, she went to the bathroom to clean herself up.  She spent a lot of time in there also being very quiet.  She came out of the bathroom saying it did not all come off.  There was staining from the lipstick and the eyebrow pencil did not all come off. 

After taking her home I went to the bathroom and found a huge wad of wet toilet paper the size of a cantaloupe that she used to wipe off the makeup.  There was also a bath sheet that was in the sink that was three quarters sopping wet.  I discovered that she had sprayed the dish soap/vinegar water cleaner on both mirrors but then could not reach them to wipe them off.  I had a sticky, streaky mess there.  She must have been trying to help me clean. 












Before Dana got home from school, we got the dress finished.  Here it is. 



Later I was telling Derrick about Macie's day and he asked if I spanked her for getting into things she had no business getting into and making a huge mess.  I told him that I did not because she had such fun.  That is what time with Aunt Rose is all about--doing things that you do not usually do at home.





I love you, Macie, and I'm glad we had a chance to share time together.

Rose 
 PS--A couple days later I asked Layne if he was ready for his one-on-one time together.  His reply, "No, thank you."  OK----At least he was honest and polite.  He'd rather spend time with his daddy and Papa working around the farm than spend time with Aunt Rose anymore.  He is growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment