Monday, May 30, 2022

Daddy's Gone

  One month ago today I took Dad to the ER and he was admitted for pneumonia from asperation and not able to eat or drink without chocking.  I never dreamed that in one short month he would have passed away and his funeral would be over.  

Dad passed away on May 3, 2022 at 12:35 am.  His funeral was Monday, May 9, 2022.  

At this time I'm still absorbing it and all the changes this means.  I can't journal about it all yet but will soon.  I want to record all my thoughts since the last post "Rough Times" and get it all down.  I know to do this will be a very emotional process for me and I'm not quite ready for that.  

I went to the cemetery tonight.  I think Mom is wanting to go so maybe tomorrow I'll take her.  That will be very hard for her since she does not remember much other than that "Daddy died".  

Derrick had a melt down this evening because he had trouble with water and with air conditioning unit.  He came to ask Grandpa for advice and he is not here.  Derrick is really struggling.

One of these days I'll fall apart, most likely once Karen leaves to return to Wichita.

I am joyful for my father, pray for my family, and thank God for all the many blessings.

Rose

(Original post May 11, 2022)

No comments:

Post a Comment