Thursday, September 8, 2022

Happy birthday, Daddy!

 Today is Dad's 87th birthday--His first in Heaven.  

Judy put together a video of Dad's life and posted it on our family Facebook page today in tribute of him.  This is the post:

Dad would have been 87 today. Throughout his life, he taught us all and gave us all many things but the greatest gift that he and mom gave was the gift of faith and family. Please enjoy this tribute video as we all wish him a Happy Birthday in heaven. Thanks to everyone who shared their photos for this video. Happy Birthday Dad!
I guess Facebook blocked most of the music. Here's the youtube link to watch directly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-dfOOj_TlY

The video was so well done, Judy. Thank you. It brought tears and memories.

As I watched the video I see many pictures that I had taken of Dad. It is a great representation of Dad. He loved to dance as you can see by so many of the pictures. He used to whistle all the time-especially as he worked. I think it was a subconscious thing that he didn't even realize at times that he was doing. He also loved music and loved to sing. He loved his farm and his family. Dad would do anything for anyone. Dad could do anything and everything. He was such a smart man whose brain worked differently than most people. He could see in his head and talk anyone through fixing something he had not even seen just by listening to the sound and the explanation given over the phone. When I'd ask him for information on how to do something, he would give me 18 different ways to do it which only confused me. I always needed his help.

I loved working with Dad whether it was checking cattle, fixing fence or hooking up equipment. I learned to drive a couple of his tractors so I could at least help him as he worked with them. I never drove pulling equipment in the field, though. I loved working with him and learned so much from him when we remodeled the basement in my Colby house or building an addition on my farmhouse. I'd watch him and help as I could as he worked on fencing, farm equipment, chasing or moving cattle, household appliances, wiring (even though I am scared of electricity), and construction.

I sure miss not having him around to spend time with and to ride the pastures with him. I miss working with him. I miss his stories even though they may be about someone that was old when he was young and who they were married to and who their parents & grandparents were. This didn't mean a thing to me but I would listen to his voice more than the story. I'd tell myself to just listen to his voice.

Happy birthday, Daddy. I miss you and love you with all my heart.



Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment