Sunday, December 25, 2022

First Christmas in Heaven

 Merry Christmas!

The last Christmas Eve Mass that Dad was song leader I was with Mom & Dad.  At communion time Dad was singing basically alone.  Silent Night has been my favorite Christmas Hymn ever since my trip to Israel.  I was overcome with the thought that so many of my family were missing out.  Sitting in the middle of the church, I tried to record on my phone Dad singing this song.  It is such a special treasured moment for me.  




Dad would lay in his chair and listen to the Christmas music channel for hours and sing with the TV.  Dad's now singing with the Heavenly host of angels this Christmas. I have had trouble listening to Christmas Carols.

A friend sent me laser cut holographic ornaments of Dad for his first Christmas in Heaven.  Not only did he make one for me but also for my siblings.  He also put the image of Dad on a picture frame and inside is the following poem.  Thank you, Randy, for making this first Christmas without Dad special.

My First Christmas in Heaven
by Unknown
 
I see the countless Christmas trees
around the world below
With tiny lights, like Heaven's stars,
reflecting on the snow
 
The sight is so spectacular,
please wipe away the tear
For I am spending Christmas with
Jesus Christ this year.
 
I hear the many Christmas songs
that people hold so dear
But the sounds of music can't compare
with the Christmas choir up here.
 
I have no words to tell you,
the joy their voices bring,
For it is beyond description,
to hear the angels sing.
 
I know how much you miss me,
I see the pain inside your heart.
But I am not so far away,
We really aren't apart.
 
So be happy for me, dear ones,
You know I hold you dear.
And be glad I'm spending Christmas
with Jesus Christ this year.
 
I sent you each a special gift,
from my heavenly home above.
I sent you each a memory
of my undying love.
 
After all, love is a gift more precious
than pure gold.
It was always most important
in the stories Jesus told.
 
Please love and keep each other,
as my Father said to do.
For I can't count the blessing or love
He has for each of you.
 
So have a Merry Christmas and
wipe away that tear.
Remember, I am spending Christmas
with Jesus Christ this year.
 

This Christmas has been hard for me.  Not only is this the first Christmas without Dad but Derrick & family are gone for a week for a holiday vacation.  I am taking care of 3 dogs and the water for all the cattle.  That is no big deal except the weather got to -14 degrees with a 41 below zero wind chill.  Normally Dad would have been doing chores and feeding cattle also and I would have been helping him to make it easier for him.  This year I am doing it alone with a hired man feeding.  Ice on top of the tank was the hardest part.  It took an ax to chop it.   When it is that cold the 4 wheeler would not start so I used my car to go up & down the hill to do chores and to spend time with Mom.  I am grateful that my car is working this week instead of being dead disabled and in the shop as it was the week before.  With the weather their flights have been cancelled so they will be a couple more days away.  The weather is warming up now and that makes it all easier.  This makes me miss Dad all the more.  I always enjoyed working with him and spending time with him like that.

Love you, Daddy!  Merry Christmas

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."  Isaiah 9:6 

Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment