Monday, October 20, 2014

My Baby's Back

A week ago, my cow, Molly, had a baby.  The next day Dad & I went out to tag it. Dad found it tucked in the grass in the pasture.  I totally missed it till he pointed it out to me.  Can you see it there? 
As I said in a previous post, we spooked the little thing and it ran-through the electric fence, into the heat field and we could not find it.  That evening Molly  (the mother) was pacing along the fence where the baby went through and crying for her baby.  I really hoped that the babe would return to it's mama for milk.

The next morning when Dad was out checking cattle and saw Molly with her calf nursing.  I was so excited that the baby was back.  It looks like Molly will be a good mother after all.
 
 
I went out with Dad again to try to tag the little critter.  Molly kept herself between us and her baby.  We will have to wait till they are both in for water to catch them and run them through the shoot to tag it.  Dad thinks it is a girl but we could not get close enough to tell for sure.  Either way I have a grandbaby calf.
 
My baby is back.
 
Rose

 

No comments:

Post a Comment